Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days when I question how much weight I can handle before the levee breaks. I feel as though I have no life, and when I do stop to enjoy it, I wake up the next day feeling even more pressed to meet deadlines. All I do is work, it seems, from morning to night. I can understand why our culture has drifted so far from God. It takes a lot to stay focused under growing work loads and stress. This is only temporary, but for me it will get worse before it gets better. Next semester will have me taking four classes at CSU rather than three. It's not the classes that bother me. It's the combination of those four with my Veritas four. Eight classes.

I don't want to complain. I am blessed to do what I am doing. It's just hard right now.

1 comment:

  1. hey brother. you're not alone. sometimes the idea of 'getting it all done' seems to be such an illusive goal. but hang in there...as you said, this is just for a time. and know this - there are others of us out there kind of in the same boat. from another person, a friend, who also gets pretty overwhelmed by the breadth of it all....make sure to make some time for yourself--for fun, for relaxing...without this time to recharge you can't be fully all that you are and bring all that you have to offer to these other areas of work/school/family/obligations/responsiblities.

    i have found that making this time, even when there doesn't seem to be time to fit it in, makes a huge difference. yeah...so maybe after the relaxation/fun, etc you are a little stressed, a little under the gun. but know this -- because you've recharged you now are ready and able to handle it(whatever that may be). there is something to be said for old cliches like 'all work and no play makes jack a dull boy'...and i would add or modify it a bit to say: all work and no play leads jack to a mental breakdown...or at least pure, unadulterated exhaustion! take some time for yourself...rest...relax...take time to enjoy the good things/the blessings of life. on the seventh day He rested...let's take a cue from the one who created us. hang in there bro....

    ReplyDelete